Thursday, May 7, 2009

Only 300 Hours of Gameplay? What a Rip Off!

Most everyone knows that I've been up to my mutated head in Fallout 3 for the last two months. I stopped playing the main quest at the mid-point, so that I could take time to explore the entire map, and pick up a few side quests. I've since finished the main quest, refused to end the game, and reloaded a save point just before the final showdown. Now, I'm wandering the wastelands with my companion dog, refusing to end the game, and enjoying every second of it. I can't wait to pick up the latest expansion pack.

Why do I mention all this? Well, tonight it struck me that between this game and Oblivion, Bethesda Softworks has managed to suck up nearly 300 hours of my life. Sheez! Obviously, they've created the perfect Eric formula.

For anyone about to hit the wastelands of Fallout 3, here are my recommendations: Sniper rifle from afar, Chinese assault rifle at mid-range, combat shotgun for close encounters. Hey, it worked for Hicks in Aliens.

No comments: