Sunday, December 27, 2009

An Age of Dragons (Is More Than a Flock)

Thanks to my family, I'm enjoying Dragon Age for Christmas. Nothing says Christmas more than hacking up ogres, you know- it's traditional. So far, it looks like another Bioware classic. My favorite part? When leaving an area for another, the game asks me if I would like to gather my party before venturing forth! The young ones won't get this reference to the Baldur's Gate games, but us old farts remember it like last night's meatloaf.

I'd also heard infamous stories about the level of blood spattering in the game, and can now verify it. At the beginning, my character joined another to kill rats in a pantry. Five critters later, the cut scene showed us positively drenched in gore. Apparently, rats are 113% blood. Who knew?

No comments: